What is Sustaining Healthy and Awesome RElationships?
SHARE is a community-based primary prevention initiative that seeks to promote alternative strategies to address the root causes of domestic violence through collaboration with ethno-cultural communities and the Calgary community.
SHARE engages the community through research, planning and action in addressing the systemic, structural and cultural roots of domestic violence.
SHARE collaborates with various stakeholders to promote healthy communities through healthy relationships.
· To enhance the capacity of ethno-cultural communities to research, analyze and take action towards adopting and sustaining healthy relationships.
· To provide ethno-cultural communities with tools and techniques to promote healthy relationships.
· To increase knowledge and awareness of the ehtno-cultural communities to connect with available services and resources.
· Participatory Research
· Community Action Planning
· Community Forums
· Community Education and Awareness
· Facilitate the development of Peer Motivators
- To generate information and knowledge on the perception, values and beliefs of various communities on domestic violence.
- To involve various community members including men, women and youth in working towards the primary prevention of domestic violence
| Implemented in Partnership with:
Calgary Chinese Community Service Association
|Funding provided by:|